Monday night an Italian tourist has tested positive for Coronavirus in Jaipur. He travelled from Italy and landed in Jaipur displaying signs of COVID-19 virus. He has been admitted to the isolation ward at Sawai Man Singh Hospital. Rajasthan CM, Shri Ashok Gehlot held a meeting at his official residence on Tuesday morning directing arrangements be made for ensuring that if any other person shows symptoms of coronavirus during screening, then that person should be kept in home isolation or at an isolation ward in the hospital.
During these times it is important to make sure you know the virus’s symptoms, treatment and precautions:
What is Coronavirus?
It is a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases. Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death.
How it spreads?
There is one thing you need understand about how the virus spread. It is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
- Spread from contact with infected surfaces or objects. It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.
5 Precautions to take
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20 secs after touching a suspected contaminated surface.
- Cover your cough with a disposable mask or tissue and discard it immediately after in a waste bin. Do not wear the mask for more than a day.
- Avoid coming into contact with people who are sick or share personal items, food, utensils, cups and towels.
- Avoid touching your eyes, ears and nose.
- Seek medical advice if you are sick.
Stay Safe everyone!