It’s that time of the year again, when the blazing desert sun will hit you out of nowhere. One day you’re all fine and dandy feeling the pleasant wind in your hair and the next minute you are going up in flames under the sweltering Jaipur sun. Here are some quick tips to survive the upcoming summer.
1. Sunscreen– excessive exposure to sun can not only turn you into a lovely shade of tan but can also burn your skin, cause skin cancer and wrinkles. So, if you don’t want to burn your skin and cause it to peel off we suggest you to invest in a good sunscreen. We recommend using a sunscreen with at least a 15 SPF. If you work out or do sports during the day buying a water/sweat resistant sunscreen will be a good choice for you.
2. Scarves, Socks and Gloves – girls as well as boys should cover their skin to avoid sun exposure. Covering skin using the right material provides protection from skin tanning, sunburn, skin cancer and dust. We recommend using cotton scarves instead of synthetic or silk ones. Go for dark coloured scarves and skin coloured socks. try to not keep your scarves and gloves in your vehicle as this can be highly unhygienic. Each item should be washed 2-3 times a week to keep the clean and avoid infection.
3. Sunglasses – many of us don’t realize wearing sunglasses can be more than a style statement. Longer sun exposure to the naked eye can lead to eye damage of the cornea. Wearing sunglasses which offer 99% – 100% UV protection. Large frames, wraparounds and closer fitting styles offer more protection from stray lights.
4. Umbrellas – umbrellas can block up to three quarter of UV rays from the sun. Choose black umbrellas as they block 90 percent of UV rays.
5. Oversized shirts – wearing oversized shirts on top of your regular clothing can protect you from the sun and prevent tanning of the arms. Just pick out any old shirt that might be lying around the house.