Given the current situation around the world, many of us will be celebrating this Mother’s Day (10 May, 2020) at home. With a little bit of creativity and lots of enthusiasm, you can treat your mom to a very special day in quarantine. Here’s our list of activities to give your mother the perfect day she deserves:
- Watch her favourite movies with her – what better way to spend the day stuck inside than by cozying up on the couch for a movie marathon of all her favourite movies. Bonus points if it’s a mother-daughter movie.
- Arrange a video conferencing call with her best friends – Just like you are missing your friends, your mom must be missing hers. Why not arrange a video call for her with all her friends to help her reconnect with her amigos!
- At home pampering – Let’s face it we are all in desperate need of visiting the salon for some much needed TLC. While it is difficult to recreate professional treatments at home, you can always offer her a mini-facial, mani-pedi or even do a cool face mask together. The idea is to let her relax while you pamper her.
- Don’t let her do any household work – Relieve your mother from her household chores on this special day. Become her helping hand and tick off some items from her to-do-list. It can be anything like buying groceries or cleaning up around the house or doing the laundry.
- Play Board games and Video Games with her – play board games or video games together. These can be virtual games you can both play on your phones or the traditional board games. Try out some old favourites or unique new games to get your brains thinking. Some of our suggestions include – UNO, cards, Monopoly, Life, Sequence, Taboo, Scrabble and much more.
- Order in – This Mother’s Day, treat your mum to the best meal. Don’t let her enter the kitchen. Just order from one of the premium gourmet food specialists (if you’re in Jaipur) — Olive & Cocoa. Serving everything super fresh and made to order, Olive & Cocoa has a wide range of dips, sauces and dessert to choose from to make her day extra special. Pick out her favourites from the Olive & Cocoa menu and get it delivered to your doorstep! For orders, you can call or message on 7014859175.