Are you excited about Makar Sankranti 2022? Are you ready to wish your friends a Happy Makar Sankranti? Are you ready to run away with kites?
Are you ready to eat those sesame’s Laddu? Don’t tell me that you are not aware of these traditions. We Indians have a lot to do on Makar Sankranti.
Well, let’s take a look at the significance of Makar Sankranti Do you know that ‘Makar’ refers to Capricorn and ‘Zodiac of Capricorn’ or the movement of the sun is referred to as Makar Sankranti? Come on, let’s explore more about this Festival of Lights.
The Significance Behind Makar Sankranti The Harvesting Season and Then Mattu Pongal.
1. The Four Makar Sankranti in a single year
Everybody celebrates Makar Sankranti, but only a few people know its significance or as to why we celebrate it. According to Vedas, the movement of the sun from a Rashi to another Rashi is studied under Sankranti.
Do you even know that there are a total of 12 Makar Sankranti in a year? But we celebrate the most favorable one, the Makar Sankranti that we used to celebrate in January. And this time, we will celebrate Sankranti on February 14.
2. Worship new crops on Sankranti- Harvesting Season
This festival is truly dedicated to the sun. Another Significance behind Makar Sankranti is that it denotes the harvesting season. On the auspicious festival of Makar Sankranti, new crops are worshiped.
3. Three Festivals in one Festival
There are three days dedicated to Makar Sankranti One day is dedicated to Earth. The next day is for harvesting season, worshiping new crops, so this day is reserved for us when we celebrate the Makar Sankranti. The third day is for animals, and this festival is known as Mattu Pongal. This was the real significance behind the festival.
4. The tradition of making yummy mush
Do you know that there is a tradition of making black lentils mush(khichdi) on Makar Sankranti? Do you know that there is a ritual in which people make mush, then eat and distribute it? Ok, let me tell you that there is an interesting story behind this ritual.
An interesting tale of Mush Tradition on Sankranti
In ancient times, when Khilji invaded the State, the Saints didn’t get time to cook their food. And that’s why Saints used to go to fight to starve.
At that time, there was a Saint Goraknath who advised Saints to cook mixed rice, pulses, and vegetables. Saints found this instant dish tasty and easy, and most importantly, it was healthy. So, when the state got free from Khilji, Saints distributed this mush in happiness. So, that’s where the mush and this tradition originated.
The celebrations on the Auspicious Day of Makar Sankranti
Makar Sankranti is often assigned as a holiday. There are more than many ways people celebrate Makar Sankranti. It is celebrated in different states in different ways.
These are the following traditions, and that’s how we celebrate the auspicious Makar Sankranti:
- People take a bath in the holy river
Some used to take a bath in the holy rivers, including Ganges, Kaveri, Godavari, Krishna, and Yamuna, to wash their sins and earn virtue. People used to worship the rivers for future prosperity.
- The tradition of making sweets of jaggery and sesame.
Another delicious way of celebrating Makar Sankranti is to make traditional sweets from jaggery and sesame. The significance behind these sweets is that it helps in the inner purification of animals and peace and joy.
- Kite flying
Fine, if you are an Indian, then you can’t forget about the kite flying tradition of Makar Sankranti. Although in some places, this tradition is not followed, wherever the tradition of kite flying is practiced, it is the most beautiful scene seeing copious Types of kites flying all around the sky. The different kinds and unusual colors fill the Sky with beauty and happiness.
Best Wishes for Happy Makar Sankranti 2022
- Let this festive season bring with it endless happiness and joy. Happy Makar Sankranti!
- May this Makar Sankranti takes away all your sadness and lighten your life with warmth, joy, happiness, and love forever!
- May this Makar Sankranti enlighten your life with the warmth of glory, and happiness.
- May you receive all the happiness the world has to offer. Happy Makar Sankranti 2021!
- Enjoy this festival with the sweetness of rewri, moongfali, and popcorn and spread happiness. Happy Makar Sankranti 2021!
- May your days be filled with joy, weeks of happiness, months filled with prosperity, and years of celebrations are sent your way. May God bless you and your family on the auspicious occasion of Makar Sankranti.
- Sankranti, the festival of the sun is here! May it bring you greater knowledge and wisdom and light up your life for the entire new year. Happy Makar Sankranti!
- 9The sun signifies knowledge, spiritual light, and wisdom. Makar Sankranti signifies that we should turn away from the darkness of delusion in which we live, and begin to joyously let the light within us shine brighter and brighter. We should gradually begin to grow in purity, wisdom, and knowledge, even as the sun does from this day.
- 10 Best wishes for a happy and prosperous Makar Sankranti! Hope the Sun God fulfills all your wishes on this auspicious occasion.
- May this festival fill your life with lots of energy and enthusiasm, and help you get all the happiness and prosperity. Happy Makar Sankranti to all!
- Hope this festive season brings joy to you and your loved ones; and may all your wishes come true this year. Happy Makar Sankranti!
- Wish you and your family members a very happy Makar Sankranti!
- As the sun starts its northward journey, I hope all your dreams come true.
15 beautiful quotes and messages for Makar Sankranti
1. May you soar high with success just like your kites this Makar Sankranti. Happy Uttarayan!
2. May we all be blessed with joy and prosperity on this Makar Sankranti. Wish you and your loved ones a happy Uttarayan!
3. Here’s wishing you and your family a wonderful Makar Sankranti.
4. This year, I hope the rising sun of Makar Sankranti fills your life with happy moments. Wishing you a very happy Makar Sankranti!
5. May your life be filled with love, happiness and prosperity. Happy Makar Sankranti!
6. May the Sun God bring fills your life and home with sunshine and happiness. Happy Makar Sankranti!
7. I wish this Makar Sankranti blesses you with good harvest, peace and prosperity! Happy Makar Sankranti.
8. Sending you warm greetings on the auspicious occasion of Makar Sankranti! Have a great day.
9. This Makar Sankranti, the sun rises with hope, kites fly in the sky with vigour, and the crops are ready to be harvested – all signifying hope, joy and abundance. Happy Makar Sankranti!
10. Makar Sankranti is a new beginning of a new destination, happiness or sorrow. Wish you a happy Makar Sankranti!
11. May your life be filled with the sweetness of til and gud. Wishing you and your family a very happy Makar Sankranti!
12. It’s time to enjoy the first festival of the year. Wishing you a prosperous and delightful Makar Sankranti!
13. I hope on this Makar Sankranti the Sun God showers his blessings on you and your family. I pray that it marks the end of difficulties and brings in success, joy and peace in your life.
14. We wish you a very happy Makar Sankranti! Sending love, luck and joy from our family to yours.
15. This Makar Sankranti, I wish for a good harvest which brings smiles and a blissful year ahead. Here’s wishing you a happy and prosperous Makar Sankranti!
Hence, these were the copious ways to celebrate and a few significance behind Makar Sankranti So, what are you waiting for? I know your mouth is full of water to have sesame’s sweets.
I know you want to Fly a kite and screw up other people’s kites. And now you all know the significance behind this festival that you can teach to your juniors too. Come on, wait for 14 January and your all wants will be fulfilled A Happy Makar Sankranti!!
Latest posts by Ruchi (see all)
- Top 5 Elegant Kinds of Wedding Lehengas in Jaipur - February 17, 2022
- How to Choose the Best Packers and Movers in Jaipur - February 7, 2022
- The All Kinds of Delicious and Famous Gajak of Jaipur - January 19, 2022